Fill out an application below. Your application will be submitted over a secure server but…
JOB OPENING: Production Workers
LAMATEK is seeking full time Production Associates to join our team. We’re looking for a team player who’s responsibilities include maintaining, controlling, and operating machines and equipment used in daily operations.
Benefits / Pay:
- Medical and dental options
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- NJ sick leave
- Retirement options
- Profit sharing
- Hiring bonus after 90 days
- Advancement opportunities
- $18 per hour
Hours / Schedule:
1st Shift: Monday to Friday 6am to 2:30pm
2nd Shift: Monday to Thursday 2:15pm to 12:30am
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform machine setups (calibration, cleaning, etc) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust the functions and settings of machines
- Feed necessary raw material to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools to ensure they meet requirements
- Test the operation of machines periodically to guarantee smooth running
- Troubleshoot issues that may occur during the shift
- Check output to discover machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units for final products
- Maintain activity logs
Supplemental Functions and Responsibilities:
- Back up on other machines
- Know the formal and informal goals, standards, policies and procedures, which may include some familiarity of other departments within the company.
- Be sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department.
- Exchange routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate, requiring good oral and written skills.
Education, Training and Experience:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Teamwork and good communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Working math skills.
- Have good knowledge of mechanical devices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
This is not a remote position.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
*Additional training may be required and/or provided.
Note: This job description is only a summary of typical functions, and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The above duties, tasks, and responsibilities may differ from the job description, and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.